Due to the coronavirus pandemic and recommendations from local and state agencies, please note the following changes to Village of Howard operations:
- The Village Hall front lobby is now open. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday. Residents still are encouraged to use online services and the outside drop box as much as possible. Appointments should be scheduled for back office staff by calling (920) 434-4640. The Community Center and Activity Room remain closed to the public.
- The Public Works building is closed while a glass partition is installed. Please call (920) 434-4060 with service questions or visit the website for information.
- Special garbage pickups have resumed on Tuesdays for residents who submit a collection request via the online form. Due to health protocols, items must be placed to the curb by Sunday for pickup on Tuesday, in order to allow a minimum of 24-48 hours between drop-off and pickup. Extra refuse may be brought to the Brown County Waste Transfer Station, located at 3734 W. Mason St. in Hobart. For hours and rates, click here.
- Public Works has completed spring leaf collection. Brush pickup is continuing and must be scheduled. Click here to request brush pickup.
- Garbage and recycling collection has been changed to include carts only until further notice. Drivers are not able to manually collect extra bags and items outside of the carts.
- All current recreation classes and Leisure Services activities have been canceled, including Yoga, Tae Kwon Do, Rhythm and Me, Ballroom Dance, and all senior programs (Bingo, Cards, Line Dancing, etc.)
- Limited park facility rentals are now available for small groups. The Community Center and Activity Room at Village Hall remain closed and may not be rented. Please call Village Hall for more information about facilities available for rental.
- The Howard Community Fireworks has been rescheduled to 4-8 p.m. on Sept. 6. More information will be available soon.