Animal Control

Reporting Nuisance Animals
If you notice a stray or wild animal that is out of control and causing harm to persons or property, please contact Ms. Hoff immediately. If she is unavailable (does not immediately answer her phone), contact the Brown County Sheriff's Department at 920-448-4200.

Dog & Cat Licenses
By April 1 of each year, all dog and cat owners must register their animal with the Village of Howard. Dog licenses require proof the animal is current on it's rabies shots.

Feral Cat Trap, Neuter & Return (TNR) Program
Feral Cat The Village of Howard has created a Feral Cat Trap, Neuter, and Return (TNR) Program in conjunction with Cats Anonymous. The TNR program is a humane way to control the feral cat population. To date, the TNR program has spayed or neutered over 80 feral cats and returned them to their caretakers. Feral cats that have been spayed or neutered have a cropped ear like the cat pictured at left.

If you are caring for a feral cat and would like to participate in the TNR Program, please contact Animal Control. The veterinarians at Cats Anonymous are volunteer veterinarians. To assist in covering the cost of medicine and anesthetics, Cats Anonymous suggests a $50 donation for cats participating in the TNR program.